FIPROT – W
Fire retardant coating for wood products
Product name: FIPROT – W
- Ideal for wooden structures or protected wooden structural elements (beams, columns, etc.), parquet coverings and built-in elements (windows, doors, walls, fences, etc.)
- Wood-based panels (plywood, OSB, KSB, PB, MDF, HDF)
- Mix well before each application
- Remove old paint/coating before application
- Air and material temperature > 5
- Humidity < 80%
- FIPROT – W can be applied by brush, roller or spray
- Nozzle size: air spray 1 – 1.2 mm
- Single-layer coverage rate 1: 130-150 g/m2
- For spraying the thinner with water max. 10%
- If FIPROT – W must be applied from different batches, there is no need to mix both materials before use
- If exposed to strong UV radiation, they are refreshed with one layer every two years
- Tolerates overcoating, although testing is recommended
- Precaution is recommended with any other coatings/paints to achieve their flammability
- The coverage rate depends on the type of wood, dryness of wood, level of desired FP effect and pre-treatment of wood.
- Depending on the type of wood, a pale shade of honey-yellow color may appear on, e.g. fir tree, while oak develops brown to a much darker reddish tone.
The drying time refers to a temperature of 20 °C and relative humidity of about 65%:
- the first layer for at least 15 minutes (nail test)
- the second layer is touched after 2 hours, dried for a total of 24 hours
Environmental, health and safety data
As regulations are frequently revised, look for the actual FIPROT-W safety data sheet before using this product. The information provided here is not exhaustive, but for your instructions only. It is based on the results of controlled tests and the experience gained in the application of this product. Any person using this product for any purpose other than that specifically recommended, without first receiving written confirmation from us, does so at their own risk and the company assumes no responsibility for the performance of the product or any loss or damage resulting from such use. Earlier versions of this sheet are no longer valid. It is the user’s responsibility to verify that this document is active before using the product.
FP wood protection coating: structural elements (beams, columns, etc.), massive parquet and built-in elements (windows, doors, walls, fences, wooden panels)
Safety at work
Use FIPROT in accordance with all applicable local and state regulations. Although it is not poisonous, the use of gloves and goggles is advised. If it spills on the skin, rinse it with water.
- Water-repellent coating for wood and wood products
- Comes as a completely transparent colorless coating with gloss / semi-gloss. It can be shaded with most alkaline / neutral water-based pigments, allowing even colored appearance. The top coat can be easily achieved if done colorless
- Exposed to flame, easily withstands temperatures > 600 °C
- Dimensionally stable when exposed to fire, does not spread and does not release toxic/harmful substances or gases
- Does not contain harmful ingredients. Natural, environmentally friendly
- Effectively protects against termites
- ph ~ 9.2
- Thermal conductivity λ = 0.19 V / m
- Density ρ = 1.16 kg / l
Manufactured according to ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14000: 2012
- V1 classified by application on all sides of wooden material
- Classification Report N / A
Storage and transport
- In dry conditions
- Storage temperature min 2 °C, max. 30 °C
- Shelf life of unopened containers: indefinite
- Open containers must be carefully sealed
Supplied in 20 kg to 1000 kg buckets.
The above description is not exhaustive but for your information only. It is based on the results of controlled tests – experience gained in the application of this product by Eco Patents New company. Any person who uses this product for any purpose other than recommended without prior written confirmation from us does so at their own risk, and the company assumes no responsibility for the performance of the product or any loss or damage resulting from such use.
Our products are:
Let’s start cooperation
If you are interested in our products feel free to contact us.